Friday, May 24, 2013

The Pedagogy Ball is wise

Back in the Pixel area there are free items we can use and I had found an object call "Wisdom Ball" which once deployed will display wise quotes when you click on it.
I changed some of the attributes, applied a texture called "faerie fire", and made it somewhat transparent. The texture now appears to be moving around inside it as though the thing were alive. You can't see that here but you get the idea. It occurred to me that I could call it "Pedagogy Ball" and we can put statements about pedagogical principles in the list. It goes along with our purpose, and it glows! I put a couple George Seimens quotes in the list. ;) The Marlboro group owns Pedagogy Ball and I hope people feel free to add quotes!
I would like to learn more about constructing objects and applying scripts to them. How do you carve into these basic shapes? Hopefully I will be caught up with my work soon. (again)

2 comments:

  1. That is really neat, Patricia. How did you get images to copy? I was not able to figure that out. I tried to add some to my blog post. I really like the idea of the pedagogy ball because of the relevance to what we are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David.
    To get the pictures, I used the Snipping Tool that comes with windows 7. You can just grab what you like for an area. Then I saved it to my hard drive and uploaded to the blog.
    The other way is to just take a picture in jokadia and download to hard drive instead of your inventory.

    ReplyDelete